What You’ll Get
You’ll get a regular 5-minutes-to-read email with inspiration on how to grow as a software engineer (and as a person) by simplifying your habits and processes.
- how to be more productive as a software engineer,
- how to grow personally and professionally,
- how to be a confident software engineer,
- … and much more.
Have a look at previous editions of the newsletter.
Wall of Love
Check out what the subscribers have to say:
Once again, your newsletter is short and to the point and let’s me think about a detail of my behavior / job. Thanks!
Because weekly it has given me some points of view and inspirational ideas to organize myself and to be a better IT professional. Thanks a lot Tom Best Regards, Thiago from Brazil, São Paulo State, São Paulo City
It makes so much sense. I can relate to all the problems you discussed. I will make sure I follow the suggestions. Thanks for sharing these.
I’m working through ways to become a more productive developer. I love the emails related to productivity and organization tips. Thank you!
It was good advice
clear, concise, informative…..
Well written and informative; I appreciate the diversity of topics, both tech and non-tech
Very insightful! I love it
The insight(s) reflect both experience & pragmatism. Being that I am both of these too, to some extent, it always makes the read enjoyable and I find patterns of behaviour/practice that I need to stop or need to start developing. Thanks.
wise words, Tom. Thank you.
Short and informative article on a topic that always looks like something I’ve seen at some point in the past.
Hi Tom, I’ve been feeling unproductive and inefficient recently. Your article addresses so many key issues that I’m dealing with. Thanks for sharing and I appreciate that you continue to write/share knowledge even though you have so much going on. I will give ‘Shape’ a try :)
Thank you for your advice about growth in the developer career!
You point out things related to personal growth and not just software engineering
I have just joined as a SDE and really find the description of good work and great work meaningful. Thanks!
The suggestions regarding prioritization and how to create a plan along this line is insightful.
Thank you. Its really useful.
Thanks a lot for this piece of advice!
Relevant as I want to understand how to get promoted within the org
Your inspirational nuggets are helping me start my career better.
Inspiring content ! Thanks for your work.
Hi Tom, I read every Inspirational Nugget from you. Thanks a lot for your valuable insights via email.
More or less my own thoughts, but synthesized and ordered. And I needed to see others share the same vision as me. If only I could make myself to actually follow and employ this great wisdom…
Doesn’t feel like useless email feeds cluttering the inbox. Someone took the effort to write this valuable piece of advice and I enjoyed it. Thanks,
It’s very inspirational to get these nuggets time to time. It help me to become a better software engineer.
Always looking forward to your content :)
Useful and always new content
I really like the “Inspirational Nugget of the Week” section. Is there a place on your website where I can see them all? I would love to share them among my coworkers. Thank you very much!
Just what I needed to hear today. Thanks Tom!
I enjoy all of these emails. Not only do I like the voice they’re written in (maybe because I too write software), but the points they make are easy to relate to, grasp and apply. In fact, I have an external Notes page where I add/keep the body of each of these for future use. Thanks a lot.
Great tips on productivity.
Speaks to me
Helped me remember something I knew I should be doing but had forgotten.
I love your newsletters. Amazing tips! Thanks :D
I love reading your emails about “your thinking”. It gives something to think about which in most time I not thinking about.
Check out some previous editions of the newsletter. This list is updated with a time lag so that the content is exclusive for subscribers for a time.
- Happiness Comes From Solving Problems
- Good Work vs. Great Work
- Ask Why
- Don’t Take Orders, Make Suggestions!
- What Does “Done” Mean?
- Maintain a Maintenance Schedule
- Integrate Work into Your Life
- Don’t Read Emails Before Lunch
- Spend Your Time Intentionally
- Take Structured Notes
- Eat That Frog!
- Pomodoros for Health and Focus
- Reflect Your Day
- Do many things at once (but not in parallel)
- Intentional Reading - a Developer Superpower
- Pick a Daily Highlight to Focus On
- Creating and Analyzing Heap Dumps
- Meaningful Commit Messages
- Painless Code Formatting with EditorConfig
- Getting Started with AWS S3 and Spring Boot
- Handling Cookies with Spring and the Servlet API
- The Open-Closed Principle Explained
- Getting Started with GraphQL
- Git Merge vs. Git Rebase
- Getting Started with AWS CloudFormation
- Handling Exceptions with Spring Boot
- Implementing a Circuit Breaker with Resilience4J
- Using Elasticsearch with Spring Boot
- From Zero to Production with Spring Boot and AWS
- Make Time For What Matters
- Mock Modules with Spring Boot
- Get Your Thinking Juices Flowing